The Setting

Any good game has to be properly introduced to a dressed set, as well as to some universal extent, be flexible & adaptable. As it might be apparent, I couldn’t be more wrong when I thought I completed this, but I still need to progress, from concept art, to concept prototype, to its current iteration.

Aside from failure to turn the tide of the project that clearly shows why a TEAM of developers, is crucial, not just A Developer,

    it was fun.

let’s start out with it’s ground, & wilth one problem that I could never really solve, that's the setting. The tank’s main issue in development, other than being rendered incorrectly half of the time, was it’s tracks, that would not pop up, & wouldn’t leave marks. This led me into focusing on the main playable tank, over the set. Nevertheless, I thought up of the set,

    the TANKS! Game & real life towns like the RHINE or CEAN in france were hugely inspirational.

Basically, a 32 x 26 grid is in order to make this stage come to life, depending on the situation, you are to break in either on the left (middle of the wall) on the grid, or in the top (to the left of the wall). A destroyed town, confusing hedge maze, or dense forest would then greet you. Urban areas would have more physical barriers & reduce the grid artificially, whilst open area were seldom few in places to take cover. I never really developed any of these map ideas into reality, though the temporary dev room I guess I did invent, which serves as a tutorial for myself is basically a proving ground. It’s a 27 x 16, small little kinda (well it’s a carbon copy of the stage 1 from TANKS!, only with the dimensions shrunken slightly) with only my slight change in base material from the map design. Here's how you can make cubes and a tilted camera apparently.

Here's how you can I guess try:

developmental text

To see more on the subject, I may or may not have a pyde file linked here ...